Jun 27, 2023
Informational – Optional action from platforms.
We’ve enhanced our Market Data product with three new features or endpoints: News, Symbol Data, and Images.
The News feature consists of three new endpoints that allow platforms access to aggregated crypto news. These endpoints include access to more than 70+ sources for relevant market news.
Access an aggregated feed of news articles with the ability to filter with the following parameters:
- News source: ability to specify which news providers to show in a feed
- Categories: ability to filter by categories
- Exclude categories: ability to exclude specific categories
- Lookback: view news from previous dates
- Language: see articles in English or Portuguese
- Sort by: latest or popular
Displays a list of available news sources. Examples include:
- The Block
- Yahoo Finance
- And more
Displays a list of available categories to filter by. Examples include:
- And more
This endpoint includes over 40+ data points related to a trading pair that allows platforms to create a more robust trading experience for users. Examples include:
- Market capitalization
- Circulating Supply
- Last price and volume
- Hourly volume, price change, and percent change
- 24 hour volume, price change, and percent change
- Daily volume, price change, and percent change
- Images for the underlying currency
This endpoint will allow users to retrieve the image in the URL received in the news and symbol data response. To use this endpoint, place the image URL at the end of the call
- GET /market_data/image/images/news/default/ccn.png
- GET market_data/image//media/37746251/btc.png
** please note the use of a // in the call
Additional Important Information
Zero Hash uses dot notation. To query for an asset like BAT, use BAT.ETH/USD
To use the market data endpoints, a signed Market Data Services Addendum is required. Please contact our sales or client services team for pricing information via slack or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once the addendum is executed, permissions for the Market Data endpoints will be enabled for your platform, allowing you to create API keys for the new service. If you have previously enabled Market Data, these new features will automatically be included.
There are additional endpoints we are exploring related to market data, some include
- Blockchain Data
- Social Sentiment
- Market Indicators
- Expanded OHLCV historical data time frames